Thursday 18 December 2014

Last night's set lists

At The Habit, York: -

Ron Elderly: -
My Girl
Sunny Afternoon
Make You Feel My Love
Dock Of The Bay
I'll See You In My Dreams
Love Is The Drug

Da Elderly: -
Out Of The Blue
In The Morning Light
Human Highway
I Believe In You
Sugar Mountain*

The Elderly Brothers: -
The Price Of Love
All I Have To Do Is Dream
Love Hurts
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Then I Kissed Her
Green, Green Grass Of Home
The Sound Of Silence
Bye Bye Love

On an extremely quiet night at both the bar and the microphone, The Elderlys were given ample opportunity to indulge their musical preferences with extended solo spots. * host Dave Ward MacLean joined yours truely on backing vocals for Sugar Mountain. More players arrived as the night went on - some excellent ones too! The Elderly's set, late on, included a 'special' Christmas song, chosen just to annoy our humbug host - he loved it really!

The post open-mic acoustic jam started with a couple of Bonzos songs, but My Pink Half Of The Drainpipe was beyond the skills of anyone in the pub. Fuelled by excessive drink, the night ran on rather later than usual and the jam turned into request-time, yielding several Elvis and Chuck Berry classics and a sizeable chunk of The Beatles (The White Album).

No comments:

Post a Comment